Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Complete Diet Mini-Farming
Saturday, October 20, 2012 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Palo Alto, CA
How can you feed yourself using only plants that you grow? To answer this fascinating and important question, this class will examine a range of information from nutrition requirements to potato yields. You will learn the basics of how to plan a garden or mini-farm that will contain all the food you need. Special attention will be given to growing this food on as small an area as possible with little to no outside inputs. Taught by Ryan Batjiaka Ryan Batjiakais an Assistant Garden Manager at Ecology Action in Willits, CA.
When & Where
Common Ground Garden Supply and Education Center
Creating Abundance in Community
- hands-on classes and events in organic gardening and sustainable lifestyles
- seeds and plant starts - hundreds of edible, medicinal, native and ornamental varieties
- organic composts, fertilizers and mulches - a broad selection
- tools and natural disease and pest control products - the highest quality
- books, magazines, cards, and gift items
- volunteer opportunities and new friends.